This fun and educational kayak and SUP tour will enthrall you as we paddle along the scenic canals and marshes of Roanoke Island.
SUNSET KAYAK & SUP TOURS
- Single Kayak • Adult Ages 13+
- Single Kayak • Child Ages 10-12
- Tandem Kayak • 2 Adults Ages 13+
- Tandem Kayak • 1 Adult & 1 Child Adult: Ages 13+ • Child: Ages 12 & Under
KAYAK OR SUP UNDER AN OUTER BANKS SUNSET
Kayak or stand-up paddleboard (SUP) along the beautiful marshes of Kitty Hawk Maritime Forrest or Roanoke Island on our OBX Sunset Kayak Tour. These beautiful areas of the Outer Banks are known for their abundance of coastal birds, including Osprey, King Fisher, and Egrets. We can often see river otters playing just in front of our kayaks. You’ll hear entertaining stories about pirates and how some of our towns got their strange names.
Our Sunset Kayak Tours are offered daily during the warmer summer months. Please note the start times for our sunset kayak tours will change throughout the summer months based on sunset time. During the summer months, sunset on the Outer Banks happens around 8 pm. We’ll email you with the exact start time if it’s different from the time posted. *Please note: As with all outdoor activities, our kayak tours are subject to weather-related changes. We recommend making reservations early on in your vacation so we can move your tour to another date if needed.
There are NO shoe or clothing requirements. Along with kayaks, Outer Banks Kayak Adventures provides paddles and life jackets. We use sit-on-top-style hybrid kayaks for people with limited mobility, making it easier for you to get in and out. SUPs (Stand-Up Paddle Boards) are also available on this tour.
Which Kayak is Right for You and Your Group?
- We recommend children 12 and under paddle in a tandem (double) kayak with an adult, but it’s not a requirement.
- If your child is ages 10-12 years old and you’re super confident in their kayaking ability, you can request that your child paddle a single kayak (please do so only if you’re certain your child can paddle the entire trip). Only put a child in a single kayak, If you are confident they can paddle for 1 1/2 – 2 hours by themselves.
- Unless requested otherwise, all children ages 12 and under will be placed in a tandem (double) kayak with an adult.
What to Bring
- Plenty of water and a snack if you’d like
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and/or a hat
- A towel for after the tour (you’ll want to leave it in your car)
- Shoes and clothing you don’t mind getting wet
- You may also want to consider insect repellent, a rain jacket if it might rain, and a dry bag
Roanoke Island Launch Point, Bowsertown Road Boat Ramp, Manteo, NC. Watch for the signs leading you to the boat ramp. At the very end of Bowsertown Rd, turn left onto California Road. You’ll see a sign for the boat ramp parking lot on the right. (Follow signs for the boat ramp).
You should plan to arrive 10-15 minutes early for your Outer Banks Kayak Adventures tour.
Outer Banks Kayak Adventures provides the best kayaking experience on the OBX. We use American-made Perception Kayaks which are known for being extremely versatile, making them the top choice for beginner and intermediate paddlers. If you are not very experienced with kayaking and SUP (stand up paddle boarding) fear not! Before each of our tours, Outer Banks Kayak Adventures provides a paddle lesson on land, ensuring that you and your group have the experience they need before paddling.
There are NO shoe or clothing requirements. Along with kayaks, Outer Banks Kayak Adventures provides the paddles and life jackets. We offer single and tandem (double) kayaks and we use sit on top style hybrid kayaks, making it easy for you to get in and out. Please be sure to select the number of tandem (double) kayaks you’d like for your tour when making the online reservation.
The Fine Print: All cancellations must be at least 48 hours before your scheduled tour for a refund. We paddle in the rain and the wind but not during thunderstorms. If we must cancel due to inclement weather, we will reschedule your tour or issue a refund. If you choose to reschedule and you don’t attend the tour for any reason without giving us notice before 48 hours of your tour, you will not receive a refund. You are expected to arrive at the correct tour location on time (we will send location details in your confirmation email). Late arrivals and no-shows will not be issued a refund. If you choose to cancel for any reason within 48 hours, there is no refund.