This is an ideal Outer Banks kayak and SUP tour for young children and beginner paddlers. We paddle at a relaxed pace and the trees provide excellent protection from the wind, even on gusty days.
OREGON INLET TOUR
- Single Kayak • Adult Ages 13+
- Single Kayak • Child Ages 10-12
- Tandem Kayak • 2 Adults Ages 13+
- Tandem Kayak • 1 Adult & 1 Child Adult: Ages 13+ • Child: Ages 12 & Under
A CHANCE TO SEE DOLPHINS & OTHER WILDLIFE!
The Oregon Inlet kayak tour offers a unique look at an area filled with all types of waterfowl and marine creatures. This area is located just inside the Pamlico sound near the Marc Basnight Bridge. Your paddling adventure takes you through clear, shallow waters that wind through marshland and sandy shoals of the Oregon Inlet. Witness the beauty of Stingrays, Squid, Crabs, and fish, swimming just below our kayaks. Brown Pelicans, Egrets, and Gulls are regularly seen gliding above. There are Clams, Oysters, and Mussels along the grassy marshes and an abundance of seashells along the sandy banks. Sometimes there’s even a dolphin sighting. This tour has the opportunity for a short stop mid-way to stretch your legs and maybe find that unique seashell you’ve been searching for.
There are NO shoe or clothing requirements. Along with kayaks, Outer Banks Kayak Adventures provides paddles and life jackets. We use sit-on-top-style hybrid kayaks for people with limited mobility, making it easier for you to get in and out. SUPs (Stand-Up Paddleboards) are also available on this tour.
Which Kayak is Right for You and Your Group?
- We recommend children 12 and under paddle in a tandem (double) kayak with an adult, but it’s not a requirement.
- If your child is ages 10-12 years old and you’re super confident in their kayaking ability, you can request that your child paddle a single kayak (please do so only if you’re certain your child can paddle the entire trip). Only put a child in a single kayak, If you are confident they can paddle for 1 1/2 – 2 hours by themselves.
- Unless requested otherwise, all children ages 12 and under will be placed in a tandem (double) kayak with an adult.
What to Bring
- Plenty of water and a snack if you’d like
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and/or a hat
- A towel for after the tour (you’ll want to leave it in your car)
- Shoes and clothing you don’t mind getting wet
- You may also want to consider insect repellent, a rain jacket if it might rain, and a dry bag
This tour requires a minimum of THREE ADULTS to run, if we do not receive enough bookings at the time you’ve requested, we will contact you to reschedule or refund your booking costs.
Heading south from the Kitty Hawk/ Kill Devil Hills area, exit Croatan Hwy 158 onto Hwy 12 South to Nags Head Beaches and Hatteras Island. Drive south approx 8 miles. Turn Right onto Oregon Inlet Rd. You have arrived at the Oregon Inlet Marina. Park in the public parking area on the far southeast corner. As you drive in, It is the farthest parking lot to the left; drive to the very back.
Outer Banks Kayak Adventures provides the best kayaking experience on the OBX. We use American-made Perception Kayaks which are known for being extremely versatile, making them the top choice for beginner and intermediate paddlers. If you are not very experienced with kayaking and SUP (stand-up paddle boarding) fear not! Before each of our tours, Outer Banks Kayak Adventures provides a paddle lesson on land before you begin, ensuring that you and your group have the experience they need before paddling.
There are NO shoe or clothing requirements. Along with kayaks, Outer Banks Kayak Adventures provides the paddles and life jackets. We offer single and tandem (double) kayaks and we use sit on top style hybrid kayaks, making it easy for you to get in and out. Please be sure to select the number of tandem (double) kayaks you’d like for your tour when making the online reservation.
The Fine Print: All cancellations must be at least 48 hours before your scheduled tour for a refund. We paddle in the rain and the wind but not during thunderstorms. If we must cancel due to inclement weather, we will reschedule your tour or issue a refund. If you choose to reschedule and you don’t attend the tour for any reason without giving us notice before 48 hours of your tour, you will not receive a refund. You are expected to arrive at the correct tour location on time (we will send location details in your confirmation email). Late arrivals and no-shows will not be issued a refund. If you choose to cancel for any reason within 48 hours, there is no refund.