This is an ideal Outer Banks kayak and SUP tour for young children and beginner paddlers. We paddle at a relaxed pace and the trees provide excellent protection from the wind, even on gusty days.
OUTER BANKS CHILDREN’S KAYAK TOUR
- Single Kayak • Adult Ages 13+
- Tandem Kayak • 1 Adult & 1 Child Adult: Ages 13+ • Child: Ages 12 & Under
KIDS KAYAK TOUR THROUGH THE KITTY HAWK MARITIME FOREST
Love kayaking but vacationing with little ones? Look no further because Outer Banks Kayak Adventures has the perfect children’s kayak tour for you! On this abbreviated kayak tour through the Kitty Hawk Maritime Forest, early morning sightings of birds overhead or turtles and nutria in the creek are sure to brighten the little ones’ day. This Outer Banks children’s kayak tour lasts about 1 hour and is the perfect length for younger children. This kayak tour is also available to adults that prefer a shorter, 1-hour trip. This tour is only offered during peak season, summer months.
Which Kayak is Right for You and Your Group?
- We recommend children 12 and under paddle in a tandem (double) kayak with an adult, but it’s not a requirement.
- If your child is ages 10-12 years old and you’re super confident in their kayaking ability, you can request that your child paddle a single kayak (please do so only if you’re certain your child can paddle the entire trip). Only put a child in a single kayak, If you are confident they can paddle for 1 1/2 – 2 hours by themselves.
- Unless requested otherwise, all children ages 12 and under will be placed in a tandem (double) kayak with an adult.
What to Bring
- Plenty of water and a snack if you’d like
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and/or a hat
- A towel for after the tour (you’ll want to leave it in your car)
- Shoes and clothing you don’t mind getting wet
- You may also want to consider insect repellent, a rain jacket if it might rain, and a dry bag
The meeting place for the Kitty Hawk Maritime Forest Kayak & SUP tour is located at 4190 Bob Perry Rd, Kitty Hawk, NC. You’ll be making a right turn into the parking area and you’ll see a sign for the Kitty Hawk Recycling Center & Boat Ramp. This is the same parking lot you’re going to.
Outer Banks Kayak Adventures provides the best kayaking experience on the OBX. We use American-made Perception Kayaks which are known for being extremely versatile, making them the top choice for beginner and intermediate paddlers. If you are not very experienced with kayaking and SUP (stand-up paddle boarding) fear not! Before each of our tours, Outer Banks Kayak Adventures provides a paddle lesson on land, ensuring that you and your group have the experience they need before paddling.
There are NO shoe or clothing requirements. Along with kayaks, Outer Banks Kayak Adventures provides the paddles and life jackets. We offer single and tandem (double) kayaks and we use sit on top style hybrid kayaks, making it easy for you to get in and out. Please be sure to select the number of tandem (double) kayaks you’d like for your tour when making the online reservation.
The Fine Print: All cancellations must be at least 48 hours before your scheduled tour for a refund. We paddle in the rain and the wind but not during thunderstorms. If we must cancel due to inclement weather, we will reschedule your tour or issue a refund. If you choose to reschedule and you don’t attend the tour for any reason without giving us notice before 48 hours of your tour, you will not receive a refund. You are expected to arrive at the correct tour location on time (we will send location details in your confirmation email). Late arrivals and no-shows will not be issued a refund. If you choose to cancel for any reason within 48 hours, there is no refund.